ADL Studio Management Ltd Terms & Conditions
STUDIO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This agreement is solely for the hirer (company/person) named on the form and is not transferable. Companies will be required to complete another copy of this form if the representative responsible for dealing with Husky Studios changes.
- These terms and conditions are continually reviewed and may be updated from time to time without notice. By signing, the hirer agrees that it is the hirer’s responsibility to be aware of and abide by the latest version of the terms and conditions which are published and readily accessible for viewing at huskystudios.co.uk/terms
- Husky Studios gives no guarantee, warranty or representation that 29a Amelia Street, London (“the building”) or the facilities are fit or suitable for the hirer’s purposes.
- Husky Studios reserves the right to cancel any booking (or any part of it) without notice in the event of the facilities booked being rendered unfit or unavailable for use. In such an event the hirer shall be entitled to a refund of the cost of hire of the facilities and backline hire charges only.
- Husky Studios reserves the right to cancel any booking (or any part of it) without notice or refund in the event that a hirer breaches any of the terms and conditions as outlined within this document.
- Hire charges will be based on Husky Studios’ published standard tariff, which is subject to change.
- Payment may be made by Cash, Debit or Credit Card. We do not accept American Express cards. If a booking commences in more than three days’ time you may make arrangements to pay by BACS transfer by notifying reception of your intention and requesting an invoice.
- All bookings must be paid for in advance and are only confirmed when:
- a customer has completed the registration process;
- full payment has been received;
- the hirer has received an email stating that the booking has been confirmed.
- CASUAL HIRERS: CANCELLATION POLICY. If you wish to cancel a booking, please email or telephone the office. Once we have received your instruction to cancel, the Husky Studios booking system will generate an email for any booking that has been cancelled and this email shall contain the date of cancellation used to calculate any refund due. If you cancel at least 90 days before the hire date you shall receive a 100% refund. If you cancel at least 60 days before the hire date you shall receive a 75% refund. If you cancel at least 14 days before the hire date you shall receive a 50% refund. If you cancel at least 7 days before the hire date you shall receive a 25% refund. If you cancel less than 7 days before the hire date you will not receive any refund. The hirer must contact Husky Studios immediately if they do not receive a cancellation confirmation email within thirty minutes of giving notice of intention to cancel.
- CASUAL HIRERS: BOOKING AMENDMENTS POLICY. Under certain circumstances you may have the opportunity to move a booking. Each booking may only be moved once and no further amendments of the booking are permitted.
- i) SEVEN OR MORE DAYS BEFORE THE HIRE DATE: The hirer may, without penalty, move any booking to another date or start time within three months of the original date, subject to availability. If the originally booked studio is not available on the selected alternate date and time, the booking may be transferred to a different studio within the complex. The booking may be upgraded to a larger studio upon the payment by the hirer of any additional rental charges. The booking may be downgraded to a smaller studio and Husky Studios shall hold any difference in hire charges in credit to be set against any future booking made by the hirer within three months of the date of the original booking.
- ii) BETWEEN SEVEN DAYS AND 24 HOURS OF THE HIRE DATE: The hirer may, upon payment of an administration fee equivalent to 10% of the booking charge (a minimum charge of £10 applies), move any booking to another date or start time within three months of the original date, subject to availability. If the originally booked studio is not available on the selected alternate date and time, the booking may be transferred to a different studio within the complex. The booking may be upgraded to a larger studio upon the payment by the hirer of any additional rental charges. The booking may be downgraded to a smaller studio and Husky Studios shall hold any difference in hire charges in credit to be set against any future booking made by the hirer within three months of the date of the original booking.
iii) WITHIN 24 HOURS OF THE HIRE DATE: Bookings may not be moved.
REGULAR WEEKLY HIRERS
- Any customer wishing to hire a studio regularly on a weekly basis must sign an additional agreement which contains the additional terms and conditions of hire. Where there is discrepancy between the two agreements, the Weekly Hire Agreement shall prevail.
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
- The hirer will notify Husky Studios when their personal information including telephone number or billing address needs to be corrected or updated. Hirers must complete a new agreement if they wish to use an email address other than the one listed on this agreement.
HUSKY STUDIOS POLICY
- The hirer agrees to comply with all regulations connected with the permitted use of the building, including fire regulations, health and safety regulations, performing rights regulations and licensing and gaming laws. The hirer shall not use the facilities for any illegal or immoral purpose. The hirer agrees to obtain all necessary consents including but not limited to performing rights, copyrights and similar.
- Husky Studios does not allow any animals to enter the building apart from guide dogs for the blind and hard of hearing.
- Studios must not be entered prior to the booking starting time as published in the confirmation email. Early entry shall be charged pro-rata in 15 minute units based on the hourly charge of the relevant studio.
- Studios must be vacated promptly by the booking end time. Should the hirer and/or any users connected with the hirer and/or any equipment associated with the booking remain in the studio for any time outside the confirmed booking period, the hirer agrees to pay Husky Studios a penalty rate of £10 for each additional 15 minutes or part thereof that persons and/or equipment remain in the studio. This penalty must be paid immediately in cash.
- Husky Studios has the right to terminate the supply of electricity to any equipment being used at any time outside of the agreed hire time. To facilitate the smooth transfer of studio between customers Husky Studios may terminate the supply of power to the sound system within the studio at least two minutes prior to the end of the confirmed booking period.
- If a studio is being used for castings, a representative from the hirer must be available to manage the flow of people related to the hire through the building as well as outside the building.
- Save for the immediate entrance and egress of the hirer and users associated with the hirer, all studio doors must remain fully closed whilst the studio is in use unless permission has been granted by the Husky Studios Manager.
- The hirer agrees to leave the facilities, both hired rooms and communal areas, in a clean and tidy condition. At the end of the each hire, the hirer must ensure that all litter is removed from the studios and placed in the bins provided and that any equipment not present in the studio at the commencement of each hire will be returned by the hirer at the termination of each hire to the place in which it was originally located.
- Husky Studios reserves the right to charge a £100 room restoration penalty should the room not be vacated in the same condition in which it was found.
- Hirers must report to reception within five minutes of the commencement of their booking if they are not satisfied with the condition of the cleanliness or neatness of the studio and/or if any equipment provided is not in a satisfactory condition.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to notify reception immediately if the previous hirer has not vacated the studio by the hirer’s start time. It is solely at the discretion of the Husky Studios Manager whether any time lost by the hirer due to the over-running of the previous hirer will be added to the hire in order to maintain the total number of hours booked by the hirer.
- Hirers of studios 1, 2, 4, 5 & the white room may only use the cobbled alleyway on the Walworth Road side of the building as an emergency exit or by prior arrangement, which will be confirmed in writing. Normal entrance to the building is made on the Crampton Street side of the railway bridge.
- No food or drink other than water may be consumed in any corridor or public area of the building. Food and drink may be consumed within your rented studio, however all waste material including scraps, packets, bags and bottles must be removed from the studio at the end of your session and placed in the bins by the main exit from the building. If hirers require a black sack for cleaning up, these are available from reception.
- The building is strictly no smoking throughout. Smoking is not permitted within 20 feet (7 metres) of the building.
- The hirer will ensure that itself and any user connected directly or indirectly to it consider noise levels when congregating outside the building and when leaving the studios, particularly after 9pm as there are residential properties opposite the building and Husky Studios wishes to respect its neighbours by keeping noise and disturbance to a minimum. Hirers agree not to use the driveway opposite the Husky Studios’ main entrance or any other outdoor space in the vicinity of Husky Studios as an additional rehearsal space. Hirers whose behaviour causes complaints from neighbours will not be permitted to hire from Husky Studios in the future.
- The hirer agrees to comply with the studio policies that forbid all discrimination on grounds of race, religion or disability. Copies of the Husky Studios policy documents may be obtained from the registered office. Customers found to be in breech of this clause shall have their booking cancelled immediately and will be asked to leave the premises.
- Husky Studios operates a zero tolerance policy and will not tolerate bullying, threatening or abusive behaviour or language. Should any person associated with the hirer’s booking be found to be abusive or threatening toward any member of the public or member of Husky Studios staff, the hirer’s booking may, at the discretion of the Husky Studios’ Manager, be cancelled immediately and all persons associated with the hirer be asked to leave the premises immediately.
- The hirer will not tamper with or allow to be tampered with any power socket cover located within the studios. Any portable appliance that the hirer wishes to plug in to any power socket located within the building must ensure that the appliance has a current PAT certificate.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- The hirer understands that they are responsible for the health and safety of any user connected to the hirer’s booking.
- The hirer will ensure that itself and any user connected directly or indirectly to it will comply with any reasonable direction or instruction given by a member of Husky Studios’ staff and any signage that is on display within the building.
- The hirer is responsible for providing adequate supervision of children and other vulnerable people at all times whilst on the premises. The hirer will ensure that no person under the age of eighteen shall be left in a studio without adult supervision at any time.
- The hirer understands that they must ensure that noise levels within the studio do not exceed the decibel levels as set out in the 2005 Noise at Work Regulations, a copy of which is available on request. The hirer accepts that Husky Studios’ staff may enter any studio at any time and measure the sound level within the studio. Hirers found to be exceeding an average level greater than 90dB will be asked to reduce their volume immediately. Hirers found to be exceeding 100dB may at the discretion of the Husky Studios’ Manager have their booking terminated immediately. Husky Studios recommends hirers use a Decibel level meter application on a smart phone to monitor the noise level within the studio.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that users do not place anything in a position that obstructs access to the fire extinguishers, manual fire call points or exits from the room.
- Hirers are responsible for compiling and maintaining an accurate list and/or register of attendees/participants at each of their bookings, so that the list may be used as an evacuation checklist.
FIRE AND EVACUATION
- It is the responsibility of every hirer (and/or hirer’s representative) to make themselves aware of and be familiar with all emergency and evacuation procedures, and evacuation assembly points. Details are provided within each studio. Full details of the fire emergency procedures may be obtained from the registered office.
- Upon discovery of a fire, users should sound the fire alarm, and notify reception immediately.
- Upon hearing a fire alarm, all music being played within a studio must immediately cease and all users should immediately vacate the studios and assemble on Amelia Street underneath the railway arch using the main corridor used for entering the studios. When it is not possible to exit via this route, emergency exits located in studios 2, 5 and the White Room should be used.
- In the event of a fire or an emergency evacuation, hirers are responsible for the safe evacuation of all participants connected to their booking. Following evacuation, the hirer must immediately report to the Husky Studios representative on duty and present an accurate list that confirms the safe evacuation of users connected to the hirer and/or information for the emergency services about any persons not accounted for.
- All marketing and publicity for any booking must state the venue name as Husky Studios. No other name that could misrepresent Husky Studios venue brand can be used with any booking with Husky Studios.
- The hirer agrees that neither themself (or any user connected directly or indirectly to them) does anything that could harm Husky Studios or its reputation (including its regulations concerning denigration, discrimination and characterisation). The hirer is to contact the studio if clarification is required.
- Any items left in the facilities or in the building by the hirer may be removed and disposed of by Husky Studios.
- Tap shoes may only be worn within studios 1, 2, 5 and the white room. They are not to be worn in any other part of the building including corridors.
- Husky Studios will not provide any marketing support.
- Husky Studios agrees to light hired facilities and communal areas. A member of staff will be available to open and close the building. The building opens ten minutes prior to the first booking of the day, which is usually at 10am.
- Husky Studios accepts no liability whether under contract law, tort or statutory provision for loss or damage to the hirer or any user connected directly or indirectly to the hirer other than that which may have been caused as a direct result of any negligence or fraudulent act or omission by Husky Studios
- The hirer agrees to prevent any loss or damage occurring to the building, facilities and/or contents, other than normal wear and tear. The hirer agrees to treat with care the equipment and furniture provided with the use of the facilities. In case of breakage, the hirer shall be charged the replacement cost. Any direct loss or damage caused to the building, the facilities or their contents by the hirer or any person connected directly or indirectly to the hirer is the full responsibility of the hirer and costs incurred by Husky Studios as a consequence of such loss or damage will be charged in full to the hirer and the hirer indemnifies Husky Studios in respect of any loss or damage in respect of any claim made by a third party to the extent resulting directly from the negligent act, error or omission or wilful misconduct of the hirer or any user connected directly to the hirer.
- The hirer agrees to exercise full and continuous supervision of all users of the building or the facilities connected directly or indirectly to the hirer.
- This agreement is a mere licence and grants the right to use the facilities at the times on the dates specified on each booking confirmation email and shall not create a relationship of landlord and tenant between Husky Studios and the hirer.
- This agreement shall be construed and governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Nothing in this agreement shall be deemed to constitute a partnership of any kind between London Studio Management Ltd and the hirer.