STUDIO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This agreement is solely for the hirer (company/person) named on the form and is not transferable.
- Hire charges will be based on Husky Studio’s published standard tariff, which is subject to change.
- Bookings must be paid for in advance and are only confirmed when full payment has been received and the hirer has received an email stating that the booking has been confirmed
- Regular weekly bookings will be invoiced monthly in advance and will automatically be renewed providing payment terms have been met. The hirer may terminate this arrangement by giving four weeks’ notice in writing.
- Cancellation Charges for One off and block bookings:
- Confirmed bookings with cancellation received seven days or more in advance of the date of hire – 50% of total charge
- Confirmed bookings with cancellation received fewer than seven days in advance of date of hire – 100% of total charge
The Husky Studios booking system will generate an email for any booking that has been cancelled and this email shall contain the date of cancellation used to calculate the cancellation charge. The hirer must contact Husky Studios immediately if they do not receive a cancellation confirmation email within thirty minutes of notification.
- Cancellation Charges for regular weekly bookings:
- Cancellation received less than seven days in advance of date of hire – 100% of total charge.
The Husky Studios booking system will generate an email for any booking that has been cancelled and this email shall contain the date of cancellation used to calculate the cancellation charge. The hirer must contact Husky Studios immediately if they do not receive a cancellation confirmation email within thirty minutes of notification. Husky Studios expects hirers with a regular weekly booking to make regular use of the studio and may give two weeks’ notice to terminate the regular weekly booking should the hirer appear to be cancelling their weekly booking with regularity.
- Providing that at least seven days’ notice is given, a hirer may move any booking to another date or start time within three months of the original date, subject to availability, without penalty. If a booking is moved into another studio at the hirer’s request, the cost of the booking will alter and the difference will be refunded by Husky Studios or paid by the hirer, as appropriate. Any request to move a booking received with less than seven days’ but more than 24 hours’ notice is subject to an administration fee equal to 10% of the booking charge (a minimum charge of £10 applies). Each booking may only be moved once.
- Husky Studios reserves the right to cancel any booking (or any part of it) without notice in the event of the facilities booked being rendered unfit or unavailable for use. In such an event the hirer shall be entitled to a refund of the cost of hire of the facilities and backline hire charges only.
- Husky Studios gives no guarantee, warranty or representation that 29a Amelia Street, London (“the building”) or the facilities are fit or suitable for the hirer’s purposes.
- Husky Studios accepts no liability whether under contract law, tort or statutory provision for loss or damage to the hirer or any user connected directly or indirectly to the hirer other than that which may have been caused as a direct result of any negligence or fraudulent act or omission by Husky Studios
- Any direct loss or damage caused to the building, the facilities or their contents by the hirer or any person connected directly or indirectly to the hirer is the full responsibility of the hirer and costs incurred by Husky Studios as a consequence of such loss or damage will be charged in full to the hirer and the hirer indemnifies Husky Studios in respect of any loss or damage in respect of any claim made by a third party to the extent resulting directly from the negligent act, error or omission or wilful misconduct of the hirer or any user connected directly to the hirer. The hirer also agrees to prevent such damage occurring, other than normal wear and tear, to the fabric of the building and to exercise full and continuous supervision of all users of the building or the facilities connected directly or indirectly to the hirer.
Husky Studios policies, and Health & Safety
- By entering a contract with Husky Studios to hire facilities in the building, the hirer agrees to comply with the studio policies that forbid all discrimination on grounds of race, religion or disability. Copies of the Husky Studios policy documents may be obtained from the registered office. Customers found to be in breech of this clause shall have their booking cancelled immediately and will be asked to leave the premises.
- Husky Studios operates a zero tolerance policy and will not tolerate bullying, threatening or abusive behaviour or language. Should any person associated with the hirer’s booking be found to be abusive or threatening toward any member of the public or member of Husky Studios staff, the hirer’s booking may, at the discretion of the Husky Studios’ Manager, be cancelled immediately and all persons associated with the hirer be asked to leave the premises immediately.
- The hirer agrees to comply with all regulations connected with the permitted use of the building, including fire regulations, health and safety regulations, performing rights regulations and licensing and gaming laws. The hirer shall not use the facilities for any illegal or immoral purpose.
- The hirer understands that all studios must not be entered until the commencement time of the booking and must be vacated promptly at the end of the booking. Should the hirer and/or any users connected with the hirer and/or any equipment associated with the booking remain in the studio for any time outside the confirmed booking period, the hirer agrees to pay Husky Studios a penalty rate of £10 for each additional 15 minutes or part thereof that persons and/or equipment remain in the studio. Husky Studios has the right to terminate the supply of electricity to any equipment being used at any time outside of the agreed hire time.
- The hirer understands that they are responsible for the health and safety of any user connected to the hirer and are responsible for compiling and maintaining a list of attendees at the studio and reporting to the Husky Studios’ receptionist the confirmation of the evacuation of all users connected to the hirer should an evacuation of the building be necessary. The hirer is required to familiarise itself and any users connected to the hirer with the fire emergency procedures summarised below. Full details of the fire emergency procedures may be obtained from the registered office.
- The hirer understands that they must ensure that noise levels within the studio do not exceed the decibel levels as set out in the 2005 Noise at Work Regulations, a copy of which is available on request. The hirer accepts that Husky Studios’ staff may enter any studio at any time and measure the sound level within the studio. Hirers found to be exceeding an average level greater than 90dB will be asked to reduce their volume immediately. Hirers found to be exceeding 100dB may at the discretion of the Husky Studios’ Manager have their booking terminated immediately. Husky Studios recommends hirers use a Decibel level meter application on a smart phone to monitor the noise level within the studio.
- Save for the immediate entrance and egress of the hirer and users associated with the hirer, all studio doors must remain fully closed whilst the studio is in use.
- The hirer understands that entrance to studios 2 & 5 must be made via reception using the main entrance on the Crampton Road side of the building. Hirers of studios 1, 2, 4, 5 & the white room may only use the cobbled alleyway on the Walworth Road side of the building as an emergency exit or by prior arrangement, which will be confirmed in writing.
- The building is strictly no smoking throughout. Smoking is not permitted within 20 feet (7 metres) of the building.
- Users should not place anything in a position that obstructs access to the fire extinguishers, manual fire call points or exits from the room. Upon discovery of a fire, users should sound the fire alarm, and notify reception immediately. Upon hearing a fire alarm, all music being played within a studio must immediately cease. All users should vacate the studios and assemble on Amelia Street underneath the railway arch, ideally using the main corridor used for entering the studios. When this is not possible then emergency exits are located in studios 2, 5 and the White Room.
- The hirer is responsible for providing adequate supervision of children and other vulnerable people at all times whilst on the premises. The hirer will ensure that no person under the age of eighteen shall be left in a studio without adult supervision at any time.
- All marketing and publicity for any booking must state the venue name as Husky Studios. No other name that could misrepresent Husky Studios venue brand can be used with any booking with Husky Studios.
- The hirer agrees that neither themself (or any user connected directly or indirectly to them) does anything that could harm Husky Studios or its reputation (including its regulations concerning denigration, discrimination and characterisation). The hirer is to contact the studio if clarification is required.
- The hirer agrees to leave the facilities, both hired rooms and communal areas, in a clean and tidy condition. All litter should be placed in the bins provided. The hirer agrees that any equipment not present in the studio at the commencement of each hire will be returned by the hirer at the termination of each hire to the place in which it was originally located. Hirers must report to reception within five minutes of the commencement of their booking if they are not satisfied with the condition of the cleanliness or neatness of the studio. Husky Studios reserves the right to charge a £100 room restoration penalty should the room not be vacated in the same condition in which it was found.
- The hirer will ensure that itself and any user connected directly or indirectly to it consider noise levels when congregating outside the building and when leaving the studios, particularly after 9pm as there are residential properties opposite the building and Husky Studios wishes to respect its neighbours by keeping noise and disturbance to a minimum.
- The hirer agrees to obtain all necessary consents including but not limited to performing rights, copyrights and similar.
- The hirer agrees to treat with care the equipment and furniture provided with the use of the facilities. In case of breakage, the hirer shall be charged the replacement cost.
- No tap shoes are to be worn in any part of the building except by prior arrangement at the time of booking.
- If a studio is being used for castings a representative from the hirer must be available to manage the flow of people related to the hire through the building as well as outside the building.
- Husky Studios does not allow any animals to enter the building apart from guide dogs for the blind and hard of hearing.
- Husky Studios will not provide any marketing support.
- Husky Studios agrees to light hired facilities and communal areas. A member of staff will be available to open and close the building. The building opens ten minutes prior to the first booking of the day which is usually at 10am
- Any items left in the facilities or in the building by the hirer may be removed and disposed of by Husky Studios.
- This agreement is a mere licence and grants the right to use the facilities at the times on the dates specified on each booking confirmation email and shall not create a relationship of landlord and tenant between Husky Studios and the hirer.
- This agreement shall be construed and governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Nothing in this agreement shall be deemed to constitute a partnership of any kind between London Studio Management Ltd and the hirer.